SFJAG is working on producing a new advertising campaign that can be given to prospective members, at shows, or other events where we can promote the guild. The piece will be a postcard-sized card highlighting some of our member’s incredible work. You can see an example of the idea put together by guild Secretary, Kate Kyle. We are hoping to have several versions of the card made so that we can showcase as many member’s work as possible.The back of the card will contain SFJAG promotional information.
We need your photos! At the bottom of this page, you’ll find a form you can use to submit a photo for consideration. We’re going to enlist the help of an independent jury to review all of the submissions, and choose the best ones to use. The final decision will be made by the board.
The guild will have the pieces chosen photographed by a professional photographer, with the artists receiving copies of those photos for their personal use. As a bonus, we’re going to try to arrange with the photographer to take pictures of any member’s work for a discounted fee. You’ve heard many times that good pictures are critical to getting into shows and attracting potential buyers, so this will be a chance to take advantage of your guild to have some excellent photos made.
- The program is open to members only.
- You can submit one photo per discipline, up to a total of three (for example, one wirework, one resin, one polymer clay).
- Photos do not have to be professional images, but must be clear and representative of the work.
- Photos must be a minimum of 640×480 pixels, with a maximum size of 4mb.
- The photos you submit must be your original work. They cannot be projects, or derivatives of projects, that you purchased or learned from an instructor.
- All images must be submitted by June 11th, after which they will be made available to the jury for review.
- Please submit only ONE PHOTO per form. We need a separate form for each photo that you submit.
- Members whose photos are selected for the postcard will have their entries photographed by a professional photographer, and will receive copies of those photos for free.
The postcard program is open to SFJAG members only. If you are a member and you are seeing this message, please log in. If you’re not a member, why not come visit our meetings and consider joining us? Click here for more information about our guild. [/ms-user]